The Texas High School Project, a state-level intermediary organization, helps to support the efforts of PSJA and other early college designs in Texas.
What does THSP stand for?
THSP stands for Texas High School Project
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of THSP
We have 2 other meanings of THSP in our Acronym Attic
- Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire (UK)
- Toronto Hydro Street Lighting Inc. (Canada)
- Texas High School Lacrosse League
- Timber Harvesting Safety Manual (National Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation; Rockville, MD)
- Tar Heel Sports Network (North Carolina)
- Targeting Health and Social Need
- Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra (Terre Haute, IN)
- Transatlantic History Student Organization (University of Texas at Arlington; Arlington, TX)
- The Hermeneutic Studio of Art (InfoHead; Stafford, VA)
- The Hydrographic Society of America (Rockville, MD)
- Thermal Spraying (welding)
- Texas High School Powerlifting Association
- Tweed Heads South Public School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail
- Tennessee High School Rugby
- Texas High School Rodeo Association
- Texas High Speed Rail Authority (1989-1994)
- Taiwan High-Speed Rail Corporation
- Texas High School Roller Hockey League (Texas)
- Texas High School Redesign and Restructuring
Samples in periodicals archive:
McKenzie cites the Texas High School Project, a public-private partnership including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, and is focused on reforming struggling, high-poverty high schools to ensure students' college and career readiness, as one example.
The Texas High School Project (THSP) supported by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Communities Foundation of Texas as well as Texas Gov.
Expansion of the UTeach program is supported by additional funding from the UTeach Institute, AT&T, Texas Instruments Foundation, the Texas High School Project, the Greater Texas Foundation, the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, the Tennessee Department of Education, Texas Education Agency, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, and other private contributions.
The Texas High School Project is planning a formal recognition of Early College High School Week at the state capital during the current legislative session.
Expansion of the UTeach program is also supported by funding from the UTeach Institute, Texas Instruments Foundation, the Texas High School Project, the Greater Texas Foundation, the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, the Tennessee Department of Education, Texas Education Agency, and other private contributions.
John Fitzpatrick, Executive Director of the Texas High School Project, notes that "Hidalgo ISD shows that obstacles impeding high school and postsecondary success can be overcome.
The launch of Peterson's TAKS courses coincides with Texas Governor Rick Perry's November 12 announcement introducing the Texas High School Project.