To read more, click here: utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Mose Buchele, KUT/StateImpact Texas The Texas Forest Service wants to plant 4 million loblolly pine seedlings in Bastrop State Park over the next few years, to help restore the forest after last year's fires.
What does TFS stand for?
TFS stands for Texas Forest Service (Texas A&M University)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TFS
We have 198 other meanings of TFS in our Acronym Attic
- Team Four Star (anime)
- Technical Field Service (various companies)
- Technical Field Support
- Technoforming System (bike design; Merida)
- Technology for Success (Tennessee)
- Téléformation et Savoirs (French: Distance Learning and Knowledge)
- Temporal Fine Structure
- Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain - Reina Sofia (Airport Code)
- Terminal Fix System
- Texas Folklore Society (est. 1909)
- Textron Fastening Systems (various locations)
- Thanks for Sharing
- That's Funny Stuff (polite form)
- The Fairy Society (fairy art sales)
- The Fallout Shelter (web forum)
- The Far Side (Gary Larson comic)
- The Fashion Spot (website)
- The Fertile Soul
- The Filling Station (various organizations)
- The Final Stand (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the ferocity and speed with which it was moving made it unsafe to fight from the ground, AP quoted Texas Forest Service spokeswoman Jan Amen as saying.
Texas Forest Service said they had responded to 10 new fires over 435 acres since Tuesday.
Three people were killed and 32 homes destroyed in Texas as high winds fueled 49 major fires which burned 100,000 acres (40,500 hectares) in the Lone Star state and filled the skies with thick clouds of smoke, the Texas Forest Service said.
Last year's graduates from this program immediately secured employment with the timber industry in Washington and California, the USDA Forest Service in Oregon and with the Texas Forest Service.
The tiny communities of Ringgold and Kokomo, together home to about 125 people, had essentially been wiped out, the Texas Forest Service said.
Hiler heads the Texas A & M University System Agriculture Program, which encompasses the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Texas Cooperative Extension, Texas Forest Service, Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory, and agricultural colleges at five system universities.
The potential applications of this green data are immense," says Mark Peterson, regional urban forester with the Texas Forest Service, which is funding the new project together with the U.