org&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed A new report by the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition argues that reducing penalties for prostitution and sending more defendants to diversion programs would decrease the practice and save the state money.
What does TCJC stand for?
TCJC stands for Texas Criminal Justice Coalition
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TCJC
We have 2 other meanings of TCJC in our Acronym Attic
- Total Copper Jacket (bullets)
- Travis County Jail
- Triathlon Club de Joué-lès-Tours (Joué-lès-Tours, France)
- Tully's Coffee Japan
- TRANSCOM (Joint) Directorate of Operations and Logistics (USTRANSCOM)
- Technisch Creatief Jeugdcentrum Arnhem (Dutch: Arnhem Technical Creative Youth)
- Tri-City Junior Academy (Pasco, WA)
- Tarrant County Junior College
- Temperature, Cold Junction, Celsius
- Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Trego County Juvenile Center
- Tennessee Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (Nashville, TN)
- Texas Criminal Justice Integrity Unit
- Technical Committee for Juice and Juice Products
- Texas Civil Justice League
- Texas Criminal Justice Policy Council
- The Center for Joint Replacement (Coal Township, PA)
- Tarrant County Juvenile Services (Texas)
- Texas Commission on Jail Standards (est. 1975; Texas)
- The Crazy Jeff Show (radio show; Dallas, Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Supporters of the bill, including Ana Yanez-Correa, executive director of the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, a criminal justice advocacy organization, argue that it would allow courts more flexibility to deal with different types of offenders.
There are a lot of companies that understand the redemption of the individual, but they don't want to get sued," said Jorge Renaud, a former inmate who now analyzes policy for the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition.
Renaud, who now works with the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, wrote in a guide to life in Texas prisons that at many prison facilities, inmates are required to shower between 6 and 8 a.
Closing a facility like Dawson State Jail would save taxpayer dollars that can be better spent on programs that work," said Ana Yanez Correa, director of the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, in a prepared statement.
org&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Brandi Grissom Instead of throwing drug addicts in jail, the state should invest more money in substance abuse treatment, says a report issued Thursday by the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition, which adds that the move could provide millions of dollars in savings and improve public safety.
Report: More Funding Needed for Mental Health in Juvenile Facilities: "The Texas Criminal Justice Coalition has released a report calling for more funding for mental health in the juvenile justice system.
To read more, click here: utm_campaign=Tribune%20Feed:%20Main%20Feed By Maurice Chammah State juvenile facilities for girls are failing to provide adequate mental health support for victims of trauma, according to a report released Wednesday by the Texas Criminal Justice Coalition.