This is due to the presence of an admixture of terrestrial organic matters with lacustrine algal material.
What does TOM stand for?
TOM stands for Terrestrial Organic Matter
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TOM
We have 125 other meanings of TOM in our Acronym Attic
- Task Order Manager
- Task Oriented Management
- Task Oriented Menu (Raptor Design Studio)
- Task Ownership Matrix (clinical trials)
- Technical Operations Manager (BBC)
- Technical Operations Manual (various organizations)
- Technology & Operations Management (various schools)
- Technology Obsolescence Management
- Telcom Operations Map (Telemanagement Forum)
- Terminal Output Message
Samples in periodicals archive:
The teams are examining what happens to terrestrial organic matter - or carbon - as the ice in which it has been embedded for tens of thousands of years melts.
algae; bacteria; microorganisms), and some influence of terrestrial organic matter.