Due to a problem with the terrain following radar, the crew elected to fly the low level at minimum safe altitude in accordance with Air Force Instruction 11-2F-15E, Volume 3, and bird aircraft strike hazard procedures.
What does TFR stand for?
TFR stands for Terrain Following Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TFR
We have 103 other meanings of TFR in our Acronym Attic
- Transonic Flying Qualities Improvement (US Navy)
- Transpose-Free Quasi-Minimal Residual
- Thai Foundation Quality System
- Tableau de Formation de Résultats (French: Table Training Results)
- Tampered Failure Rate
- Tarif Forfaitaire de Responsabilité (French: Flat Rate of Liability; insurance)
- Task Force Rijeka
- Team Flex Racing
- Technical Field Report
- Temporary Flight Restriction
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first CV-22 prototype at Edwards began terrain following radar flights in April and logged the 500th Osprey flight hour since the tilt rotor resumed testing in May 2002.
Air Force for depot level repairs of its AN/APQ-170 Combat Talon II (CT-II) Terrain Following Radar system.