According to the DSCA, Qatar had asked for the possible sale of two terminal High-altitude area Defense (THD) fire units, 12 launchers, 150 interceptors, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $6.
What does THAAD stand for?
THAAD stands for Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (formerly Theater High Altitude Area Defense)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of THAAD
We have 2 other meanings of THAAD in our Acronym Attic
- Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer
- Track and Hold Amplifier (electronics)
- Trends in Health and Aging
- Triaminoguanidinium Hydrazonium Azide
- Trinity House Authority
- Troop Holding Area
- Turbine Heat Acceptance
- Tuscaloosa Housing Authority (public housing agency; Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Total Hydrolyzable Amino Acids
- Therapist Assistant Association of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Theater High Altitude Area Defense (now Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense)
- Theater High Altitude Area Defense Ground Based Radar
- Theater High Altitude Area Defense System
- Tetra-N-Hexyl-Ammonium Bromide
- The Highlands Ability Battery (evaluation tool)
- To Hell and Back (band)
- True Hearts Against Bigotry (UK)
- Two Heads Are Better Than One
- The Health Arts College (Australia)
- The Health Awareness Centre (India; est. 1989)
Samples in periodicals archive:
US active defenses include the Patriot PAC-2 and -3 systems, the Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system, and SM-3 missile interceptors.
96 billion contract in December for two of its Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) weapon systems from the UAE, the first foreign sale of the system.
In response, the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, announced plans to expedite the fielding of the Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system in coordination with the Army.