and coalition forces conventional ground-based fires, radars, target acquisition and electronic warfare assets; nonstandard intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; platform integration; naval surface fire support; and terminal guidance operations.
What does TGO stand for?
TGO stands for Terminal Guidance Operations
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TGO
We have 22 other meanings of TGO in our Acronym Attic
- Tanzania Gender Networking Programme
- Totally Gross National Product (Minneapolis, MN record label)
- Transitional Government of National Unity (Namibia; former government)
- The Great New Wonderful (film)
- Technoix Game Networx (gaming)
- Targeted Growth Opportunity
- Tarifverbund Ortenau GmbH (German)
- Task Goal Objective
- Task Group Orestes
- Tennessee Gun Owners (forum; est. 2007)
- The Great One (Wayne Gretzky)
- The Great Outdoors (various companies)
- The Guilty Ones (Spring Awakening fan club)
- Thermally Grown Oxide (materials science)
- Togo (ISO Country code)
- Total Gross Output
- Toxic Gas Ordinance
- Tribal Gaming Operations
- The Gardeners of America (started in 1949 as Men's Garden Clubs of America)
- Tournament Gifts of America (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
JACI now conducts a two-week Joint Fires Observer Course (JFOC) to produce JFOs: trained service members who can request, adjust and control surface-to-surface fires, provide targeting information in support of Types 2 and 3 close air support (CAS) terminal attack controls and perform autonomous terminal guidance operations (TGO).
Joint Fires Observer Semiannual Requirements * 6 Live or Simulated Surface-to-Surface Call-For-Fire Events * 6 Fixed- or Rotary-Wing Events --2 Live or Simulated Laser Terminal Guidance Operations (TGO) Events --1 Live Type 2/3 Control with Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) --1 Live or Simulated Night Target-Marking Event --1 Simulated as Nonqualified JTAC --1 Live or Simulated Abort * 1 Live or Simulated AC-130 Call-For-Fire Event By LtCol G.
The Army and Air Force define a JFO as a "trained service member who can request, adjust and control surface-to-surface fires, provide targeting information in support of Types 2 and 3 CAS terminal attack controls and perform autonomous terminal guidance operations.
A JFO will be authorized to provide targeting information and conduct terminal guidance operations in support of Types 2 and 3 CAS.