8 million, but the Tennessee Higher Education Commission is only recommending that the state appropriate 60.
What does THEC stand for?
THEC stands for Tennessee Higher Education Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of THEC in our Acronym Attic
- Tennessee Home Education Association (est. 1984)
- Texas Higher Education Assessment (standardized test)
- Theatre (college department)
- Thousand Element Array
- Thread of Hope for Economic Advancement (est. 1988; Philippines)
- Tasmanian Home Education Advisory Council (Launceston, Tasmania, Australia)
- Town Hall Education Arts, and Recreation Campus (Washington, DC)
- Theatre History in Europe: Architectural and Textual Resources Online
- Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership (UK)
- The Hut Environmental and Community Association (Queensland, Australia)
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Turk Histoloji ve Embriyoloji Dernegi (Turkish Histology & Embryology Association)
- Texas Higher Education Diversity Conference
- Tools for Heterogeneous Distributed Systems
- The Heaven and Earth Experience (christian camp, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri)
- The Home Education Exchange (Canada)
- Transmission High-Energy Electron Diffraction
- Target Human Effects Evaluation Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
Argosy University, Nashville is authorized for operations as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
In 2007 he received the Harold Love Award for Outstanding Community Service from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Fortis Institute is authorized as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Expansion of the UTeach program is supported by additional funding from the UTeach Institute, AT&T, Texas Instruments Foundation, the Texas High School Project, the Greater Texas Foundation, the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, the Tennessee Department of Education, Texas Education Agency, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, and other private contributions.
The Tennessee Higher Education Commission has recommended a 7 percent increase in university tuition this year from $6,062 in 2010 at UTC and a 5 percent increase at community colleges from $3,211 in 2010 on average at community colleges.
About TAICS The Tennessee Association of Independent Colleges and Schools (TAICS) and the Tennessee Proprietary Business School Association (TPBSA) are sister agencies representing Tennessee's schools with the legislature and regulatory entities critical to their success including the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation, the state legislature, and accrediting commissions.
Eliminate the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.