The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) confirmed the fatalities including 10 dead in Nashville after the Cumberland River -- looping through the iconic city famous for its musical heritage -- crested at about 52 feet (about 16 meters) late Monday, submerging the metropolitan region.
What does TEMA stand for?
TEMA stands for Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (also seen as TNEMA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TEMA
We have 25 other meanings of TEMA in our Acronym Attic
- Triethylene Melamine
- Trusted Enterprise Manager (Master Design)
- Tunneling Electron Microscopy
- Turbine Engine Manufacturing Company (Iran)
- Terrain Evaluation Module/Obstacle Planning System
- Tumor Endothelial Marker 1
- Tumor Endothelial Marker 7
- Tumor Endothelial Marker 8
- Tank Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Telecommunication Engineering and Manufacturing Association
- Terrestrial Ecosystems in Monsoon Asia
- Test & Evaluation Management Agency
- Texas Energy Managers Association (Round Rock, TX)
- Texas Medieval Association
- Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent (IBM)
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc.
- Trace Elements in Man and Animals
- Training, Education, and Mutual Assistance
- Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association
- Turkish Foundation for Combating Soil Erosion, for Reforestation and the Protection of Natural Habitats
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency officials say there is likely a 12th victim, but a body had not been recovered.
In further support of the victims of this disaster, AT&T is working with the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) to activate the Tennessee Emergency Donations and Volunteer Hotline, which will coordinate donated time, materials or money, as well as take and process non-emergency need requests from storm victims.
The company is coordinating its precautionary preparations with local, state and federal agencies, including the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency, the office of Mississippi Gov.
Cecil Whaley of the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency said a tornado there left an area about one and a half square miles around Mossy Grove 'wiped out.
The Public Safety Wireless Network (PSWN) Program, in cooperation with the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and the Tennessee Department of Safety, are sponsoring the 1-day conference to begin the development of a statewide action plan for improving public safety wireless communications networks in Tennessee.
``We're looking at about 75 to 80 homes, about half of which are totally destroyed,'' Cecil Whaley of the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency said Saturday.
Working with the Tennessee Office of Homeland Security, the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH), the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA), the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, Law Enforcement Agencies, First Responders, and critical stakeholder representatives, GP will develop a comprehensive plan that includes a high-level overview outlining the purpose and overall approach to conducting the HSEP throughout the State's eleven Homeland Security jurisdictions.