Most of the youths attended the Ten Percent Society dance on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, while many adults either avoided it or congregated in the bar area of the dance.
What does TPS stand for?
TPS stands for Ten Percent Society (student group)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TPS
We have 446 other meanings of TPS in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Publishing Software, Interleaf
- Technology Policy Statement (India)
- Tecnologia Para la Salud (Spanish: Technology for Health; Chimaltenango, Guatemala)
- Telecommunications Premium Services
- Telekomunikacja Polska SA (Polish: Polish Telecommunications)
- Telephone Preference Service
- Television Par Satellite (French satellite)
- Temasek Primary School (Singapore)
- Tempat Pemungutan Suara (Indonesia)
- Temporary Protected Status
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the Ten Percent Society, a gay and lesbian organization on campus, voted in November 1998 on the majority and minority reports of the ad hoc committee.
To that end the Ten Percent Society of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, a gay student group, signed on as a sponsor of a lecture given February 17 by Ralph Reed, former executive director of the Christian Coalition.