That means they would not receive any temporary partial disability pay because they aren't losing any salary.
What does TPD stand for?
TPD stands for Temporary Partial Disability (insurance)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TPD
We have 138 other meanings of TPD in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Procedure Development
- Technical Program Data
- Technical Project Description
- Technical Project Documentation (construction)
- Technisch Physische Dienst (Dutch applied physics research institute)
- Technology Planning Database (US DoD)
- Telescopic Pixel Display
- Temecula Police Department (California)
- Temperature Programmed Desorption
- Temporal Prime Directive (Star Trek)
- Terminal Protection Device
- Test Planning Document
- Test Point Data
- Test Procedure Drawing
- Test Program Disk
- Test Program Documentation Interface
- The Pegasus Division (gaming clan)
- The Perfect Drug (Nine Inch Nails song)
- The Personnel Department (Colorado; est. 1991)
- The Production Department (agency; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On appeal, the Full Commission reversed the Deputy Commissioner and awarded the CNA compensation for ongoing total disability and for a period of temporary partial disability, medical expenses, costs, and attorney's fees.
Also in Georgia, the weekly maximum benefit for temporary partial disability increased to $250 from $233.
Also, maximum weekly benefits for temporary partial disability were increased from $192.
An insurer's liability for temporary partial disability must be the difference between the injured worker' s average weekly wage at the time of the injury and the actual weekly wages earned during the period the claimant is temporarily partially disabled, not to exceed the injured worker's temporary total disability benefit rate.
Previously, compensation in such cases was an amount equal to 80 percent of the employee's spendable weekly wages, with a maximum of $60,000, in addition to temporary total or temporary partial disability compensation.
The maximum period for payment of temporary total disability and temporary partial disability was reduced from 300 weeks to 150 weeks.
Indiana A new maximum was enacted ($267, formerly $249) upon which average weekly wages are determined for total disability and temporary partial disability on July 1, 1985, until July 1, 1986, creating a maximum weekly benefit of $178.