5 billion in debt issued under the FDIC's Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program (TLGP), and in doing so, effectively exited the program.
What does TLGP stand for?
TLGP stands for Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TLGP
We have 2 other meanings of TLGP in our Acronym Attic
- Transfer Line Gas Chromatography
- True Light Girls' College (Hong Kong)
- Tuggerah Lakes Golf Club (Australia)
- The Legends Golf & Country Resort (Malaysia)
- Telekommunikations-Lizenzgebührenverordnung (German: ordinance concerning telecommunications license fees)
- Transmission Line Green's Function
- The Little Gym International
- The Loewen Group Inc. (Canada)
- The List Goes On
- Training and Leader Development General Officer Steering Committee
- The Linux Gluing Project (computing)
- Tokyo Lesbian & Gay Parade (Japan)
- Traffic Light Gran Prix
- Tube Launched Guided Projectile
- Tehran Lipid and Glucose Study (Research Institute for Endocrine Sciences; Iran)
- Toronto Lesbian and Gay Tennis Association (Canada)
- The Looking Glass War (novel)
- Tallahassee, FL, USA (Airport Code)
- Tanunda Lutheran Homes (South Australia)
- Tax Loss Harvesting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under this latter determination, FDIC established the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program (TLGP), which guaranteed certain debt issued through October 31, 2009, and certain uninsured deposits of participating institutions through December 31, 2010, to restore confidence and liquidity in the banking system.
said it would seek comments on extending the debt guarantee component of the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program -- one of the extraordinary measures taken to deal with the credit crisis last year.
In response to bank-funding difficulties and depositor concerns, the FDIC last year instituted the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program (TLGP), which would, for a fee, insure financial institutions' non-interest-bearing transaction deposits and eligible senior unsecured debt.
Under the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, certain newly issued senior unsecured debt issued on or before June 30, 2009, would be fully protected in the event the issuing institution subsequently fails or its holding company files for bankruptcy.
In part this reflects the lower volume of scheduled maturities this year after the last Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program (TLGP) maturities were addressed in 2012.
9 billion in debt issued under the FDIC's Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program (TLGP).
The company said late Sunday that talks with the Treasury would focus on its application to participate in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp's (FDIC) Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program, which offers low-cost funding to banking firms.