Communications services subject to the tax are local telephone service, toll telephone service or teletypewriter exchange service; see Sec.
What does TELEX stand for?
TELEX stands for Teletypewriter Exchange
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of TELEX
- Treatment Evaluation by Le Roux method
- Television Radar Air Navigation
- Canadian Telecommunications Satellite
- Telematics Services in Cancer
- Television Marathon
- Telephone Typewriter
- Telephony Value Added Services
- Telecommunication Exchange
- Telephone Exchange
- Teleprinter Exchange
- Thunderstorm Electrification and Lightning Experiment (US NOAA)
- Tactical Extremely Low Frequency
- Tamil Eelam Liberation Front (Sri Lanka)
- Teléfono (Spanish: telephone)
- Tracheal Epithelial Lining Fluid
- Trans European Law Firms Alliance (Brussels, Belgium)
- Tamil Eelam Liberation Guerrillas (militant group; Sri Lanka)
- Technology Enhanced Learning of Geometry (educational project; US NSF)
- The Engineering Link Group (Queensland, Australia)
- Transport Emissions Liaison Group (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In pertinent part, that legislative history states: The definitions of local telephone service (previously general telephone service), toll telephone service, and teletypewriter exchange service have been updated and modified to make it clear that it is the service as such which is being taxed and not merely the equipment being supplied.
 News services and radio broadcasts of news and sporting events--The tax on toll telephone service and teletypewriter exchange service does not apply to news services and radio broadcasts of news and sporting events.