The teletype message came Tuesday from the FBI, and it sounded urgent: A Springfield man had purchased a mail-order suicide kit and could be in danger.
What does TTY stand for?
TTY stands for Teletype Message
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TTY
We have 9 other meanings of TTY in our Acronym Attic
- TinyOS Technology Exchange (yearly)
- TrueType to XML (Extensible Markup Language; software)
- Tube Type Transmitter
- Teletex Access Unit
- Time Trial Extreme Grand Prix (racing)
- Talk To You/Ya
- Tampereen Teknillinen Yliopisto (Tampere University of Technology)
- Teletypewriter Technology
- Terminal Type (Unix terminal interface)
- Teufs-Teufs Yvoisiens (French car club)
- Text Telephone (use of telephones for the hearing impaired)
- Thanks to You
- Teletype Multiplexer
- Telecommunications Device for the Deaf
- Talk to You After
- Trinidad and Tobago Yachting Association
- Talk to You All Later
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hugh Lytle, whose teletype message provided the world with the first account of the attack on Pearl Harbour has died.
HUGH Lytle, whose teletype message provided the world with the first account of the attack on Pearl Harbour, has died.