The grievances were lodged with the Telephone Preference Service, regulator Ofcom revealed.
What does TPS stand for?
TPS stands for Telephone Preference Service
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of TPS
We have 446 other meanings of TPS in our Acronym Attic
- Technical Procurement Services
- Technical Product Specification
- Technical Product Support
- Technical Professional Services, Inc. (Wayland, MI)
- Technical Publishing Software
- Technical Publishing Software, Interleaf
- Technology Policy Statement (India)
- Tecnologia Para la Salud (Spanish: Technology for Health; Chimaltenango, Guatemala)
- Telecommunications Premium Services
- Telekomunikacja Polska SA (Polish: Polish Telecommunications)
- Television Par Satellite (French satellite)
- Temasek Primary School (Singapore)
- Tempat Pemungutan Suara (Indonesia)
- Temporary Protected Status
- Ten Percent Society (student group)
- Terminal Power Supply
- Terranora Public School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Terrestrial Positioning System
- Test Package Set
- Test Pilot School
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Telephone Preference Service seems to be worse than useless.
It follows recent Ofcom figures that found 71 per cent of people had received live marketing calls on their landline in the previous six months despite facilities including the Telephone Preference Service.
These companies should also not be making unsolicited marketing calls to any number that is registered on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).
SIR - With reference to John Gruffydd's letter (April 18) concerning unsolicited telephone calls, there is another avenue that individuals can take if they are receiving these phone calls despite being registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).
The good news is, I've registered Charles with both the Mailing and Telephone Preference Service (0845 703 4599) which should help put a stop to the intrusion.
I have signed up to the Telephone Preference Service but it seems to make no difference.
A: YOU can block all nuisance callers by logging on to the Telephone Preference Service at www.