Joe Wallach deixou a Rede Globo em 1980, mas tornou-se consultor da Rede Globo na Telemontecarlo, originalmente uma subsidiaria da emissora brasileira na Italia.
What does TMC stand for?
TMC stands for Telemontecarlo (Italian television)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of TMC
We have 527 other meanings of TMC in our Acronym Attic
- Technology Management Council (IEEE)
- Technology Marketing Company (various locations)
- Technology Marketing Corporation (Norwalk, Connecticut)
- Technology Mission on Cotton (India)
- Technology, Media and Communications (various organizations)
- Teen Movie Critic
- Teen's Music Challenge (Japan)
- Telecom Media Convergence
- Telecommunications Modem Processor
- Telemetría Y Control (Spanish electronics company)
- Temporary Medical Care
- Tencarva Machinery Company (Greensboro, NC)
- Tennessee Miller Coliseum (Murfreesboro, TN)
- Tennis Masters Cup (tournament)
- Terna Medical College (India)
- Terumo Medical Corporation (est. 1921; various locations)
- Test Maintenance Console
- Texas Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Texas Music Cafe
- Textile Marketing Company (Lahore Pakistan Based textile trading unit)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Brazil-born Scalamandre (who also has Italian origins), was re-hired at Globo in 1985--while traveling in Italy--by Globo's current boss, Roberto Irineu Marinho, then a vice president in charge of Italian TV network TeleMontecarlo (now, under new owners, dubbed La7), which was owned at the time by Rede Globo.
Erri ha gia mangiato, essendosi svegliato presto come ogni mattina, oggi non per studiare e tradurre dalla Bibbia in Ebraico, ma per un commento mattiniero ai fatti del giorno per Telemontecarlo.
As soon as Spain's Telefonica Media expressed interest in buying two TV networks from money-losing TeleMonteCarlo (TMC), Italians erected a protective barrier around the company.
Finmavi, the Italian film and TV production group owned by Cecchi Gori, has snapped up two Italian broadcast operations: Telemontecarlo and music service Videomusic.
Rede Globo's former participation in TeleMontecarlo did not set a precedent since TMC is technically a foreign broadcaster serving Italy and technically not Italian at all.
A sharp 25 per cent drop in 1993 advertising revenues at Telemontecarlo -- to below 100 billion Life ($60 million) -- may have helped the Brazilians to focus on the problem.