com/research/fm2b2d/telemedicine_the) has announced the addition of the "Telemedicine: The Future is Now for Moving Telemedicine into Mainstream Treatment" report to their offering.
What does TELEMED stand for?
TELEMED stands for Telemedicine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Telephone conversation
- Teletypewriter Conference
- Telemetric Data Converter
- Telephonic Data Acquisition and Control
- Television Federal (Argentina)
- Telematic Learning in Manufacturing Industry (Germany)
- Telephone Management System
- Texas Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics Program
- Telecommunication and Informatics
- Telecomunicacoes de Minas Gerais SA (Brazil Telecommunications Company)
- Telecommunications-Enhanced Mobile Internet Protocol
- Temps Espaces Langages Europe Méridionale Méditerranée (University of Provence & the CNRS, Aix-en-Provence, France)
- Telecommunications Network Protocol
- Telemetry Network
- Telecommunications Requirement
- Teledrift Report (energy exploration)
- Treatment Evaluation by Le Roux method
- Television Radar Air Navigation
Samples in periodicals archive:
One recent study by the University of Iowa found that a chronic care wound consultation at a rural nursing home connected to a telemedicine clinic costs $136.
market for telemedicine is growing rapidly and its growth rate is predicted to increase even more in the following years.
NASA has long had a keen interest in telemedicine because of its responsibility to monitor and, when necessary, render diagnosis and treatment to its personnel in distant places (the moon, the Spacelab, the Space Shuttle), and leaders of NASA are making certain that they "privatize" technologies their organization develops with civilian organizations, such as Inova Health System.
The department heads of medicine, head nurses and senior administrators from throughout the mid-Atlantic region attended the Bell Atlantic Telemedicine Showcase, held in Richmond and Malvern, Pa.
In the Partners Telemedicine study, the orb is set at green to indicate 'normal,' and when it's time for the patient to take his or her medication, it will turn red.
For the bigger picture of health care in rural areas, this new telemedicine network improves access by pooling an interactive television system, cameras that can zoom in on a skin cancer, electronic stethoscopes that magnify the heartbeat and machines that instantaneously transmit digitized X-rays and laboratory results with Southern Bell's extensive local network and the state Department of Administrative Service's extensive statewide network.
Diabetic eye disease (or retinopathy), a leading cause of blindness among adults, can be prevented with regular eye examinations by a retinal specialist, according to the February 2006 issue of Telemedicine and e-Health.