The show includes two video projections and a series of objects and images inspired, for the most part, by archival materials kept at two institutions: the archives of British Petroleum (BP) and the western art collection of the Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art (TMOCA).
What does TMCA stand for?
TMCA stands for Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art (Iran)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TMCA
We have 32 other meanings of TMCA in our Acronym Attic
- Tulane Medical Center (New Orleans, LA)
- Tunable Microwave Coupler
- Tunxis Management Co.
- Turning Movement Count (traffic)
- Twins' Mothers Club
- Twisted Markov Chain
- Two Man Control
- Two Man Crew
- Traffic Management Coordinator-Graphical User Interface CSCI
- Transport Movement Control for Reactor Fuels and Materials
- The Medical Center of Aurora (Aurora, CO)
- Theater-Army Movements Control Agency
- Titanium Metals Corporation of America
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Ltd
- Transportation Movement Control Agency
- Tokyo Metropolitan College of Aeronautical Engineering (Tokyo, Japan)
- Traditional Medicine and Complementary/Alternative Medicine (Switzerland)
- Temporary Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion
- Transient Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion
- Traffic Management and Control Board (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Born in 1942, Derambakhsh is a veteran cartoonist, graphic designer and illustrator whose works are housed at many Iranian and international art centers and museums such as the Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts, Basel Museum of Caricatures, Hiroshima Museum of Japan, Anti-War Museum of Yugoslavia, Istanbul Museum of Cartoons, Warsaw Museum of Caricatures and Frankfurt Municipality Hall.
The Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts has accumulated more than 300 works by famous artists, including Edouard Manet, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cezanne, Edvard Munch, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol.
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- An exhibition of the Islamic arts is due to be held in Germany in December with 12 Iranian artists presenting their artworks, Managing Director of the Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art (TMCA) Mahmoud Shalouyee said.
Curated by Dr Sami Azar, the director of the Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art between 1999 and 2005, the exhibit is the first time that contemporary Iranian video artists have been shown on such a scale in London.
Kole, appreciated Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art (TMCA) for loaning one of the most valuable masterpieces of the Dutch painter, Kees van Dongen, to his country.
The Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art (TMCA) has turned down a request from Washington, D.