German Foregin Minister Guido Westerwelle (AFP) The two aid workers, who work for Technisches Hilfswerk (THW), were released yesterday after they were abducted from their compound in Nyala on 22 June.
What does THW stand for?
THW stands for Technisches Hilfswerk (German government disaster relief organization)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of THW
We have 23 other meanings of THW in our Acronym Attic
- Transcatheter Heart Valve (cardiology)
- True Home Value (home improvement supplies; Louisville, KY)
- Tennis en Hockeyvereniging Barendrecht (Dutch: Tennis and Hockey Association Barendrecht)
- Thomson-Hood Veterans Center (WIlmore, Kentucky)
- Total Harmonic Voltage Distortion
- Total Hepatic Vascular Exclusion
- Thousand Hills Venture Fund
- Twain Harte Vacation Rentals (California)
- Timmins High and Vocational School (Canada)
- Tar Heel Wire (independent University of North Carolina news)
- Temperate Hardwood
- Temperature Humidity Wind (heat index calculation)
- The Hive Workshop (Warcraft III modding site)
- The Horse Whisperer
- Thermoplastic Heat and Water Resistant Insulated Wire (UL)
- This House Would (debating)
- Tile Hill Wood (UK)
- Tiny House on Wheels
- Tower Hamlets Wheelers (cycling; UK)
- Transient Hot Wire (thermal conductivity measurements)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAPTION(S): A cycle is disinfected by a volunteer of Germany's emergency and rescue organisation Technisches Hilfswerk near a sheep farm outside the village of Wettenberg-Krofdorf near Giessen in the German state of Hesse, yesterday.
In addition to the water purification system, Pall provided technical training to Technisches Hilfswerk, the German governmental disaster relief organization, which will operate the mobile system.