The helicopter-specific optimizations for the GTN series have received the FAA's Technical Standard Order (TSO) authorization, and deliveries are expected later this month starting at $10,9351.
What does TSO stand for?
TSO stands for Technical Standard Order
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TSO
We have 211 other meanings of TSO in our Acronym Attic
- Tactical Sensor Operator (military aviation)
- Tactical Support Operations
- Tactical Systems Officer
- Taipei Symphony Orchestra (Taiwan)
- Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
- TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) Segmentation Offload (computer networking)
- Teamspeak Overlay (gaming)
- Technical Service Order
- Technical Services Operations
- Technical Staff Officer
- Technical Support Office
- Technical Support Organization (various organizations)
- Technisch Secundair Onderwijs (Dutch)
- Technology Spillovers
- Telecommunications Service Obligations (New Zealand)
- Telecommunications Service Order
- Telephone Service Observation
- Tempe Symphony Orchestra (Tempe, AZ)
- Temporary Slow Order (railway)
- Temporary Standing Order (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The RSC acceptance letter from the FAA for LynxOS-178 can be used to support virtually any FAA Technical Standard Order.
The APU received its Technical Standard Order (TSO) C77b from the Federal Aviation Administration in April 2011.
The seats and interiors will be certified to international standards including the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) standards and in compliance with the European Technical Standard Order (ETSO), he added.
In April this year, Rockwell Collins announced it obtained all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Technical Standard Orders for its Pro Line Fusion avionics suite, the first application of which will be featured in the Global Vision flight deck.
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced that its Primus Apex integrated avionics suite has received Technical Standard Order (TSO) approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the new Viking Twin Otter Series 400 aircraft.
Pitot tube certification is based on requirements laid out in European technical standard order ETSO C16.
Under the contract, Trimble will incorporate Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) capability into its TASMAN(TM) ARINC-12 (TA-12) Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation receiver and maintain Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval to Technical Standard Order (TSO) C-129a.