Nemat Shafik, Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), today signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a new Africa Regional Technical Assistance Center (AFRITAC) in the capital Accra in late 2013.
What does TAC stand for?
TAC stands for Technical Assistance Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TAC
We have 736 other meanings of TAC in our Acronym Attic
- Tea Association of Canada
- Teacher Access Center (web application)
- Teacher Advisor Contact (Pius XI High School, Milwaukee, WI)
- Team Aerial Combat (gaming)
- Technical Acceptance Certificate (Canada)
- Technical Activities Committee
- Technical Advisory Center (Sprint)
- Technical Advisory Committee
- Technical Advisory Council (Ascend, Cisco, Ericsson, Lucent, Nortel, Selsius, etc)
- Technical Assignment Control (Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Technical Assistance Collaborative
- Technical Assistance Contract
- Technical Assistance Coordinator
- Technical Assurance Co-Ordinator (UK project management role)
- Techniques Avancées de Communication (French: Advanced Technical Communication)
- Technology Accreditation Commission (ABET)
- Technology Assessment Center
- Technology in Action Conference (trade show)
- Teen Activity Center
- Teen Advisory Council (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2004, Estarta's strategic investment with Cisco resulted with launching the technical assistance center in Jordan; the first support center in the Middle East, utilising and recruiting highly skilled Jordanian professionals to provide global technical assistance services for Cisco technologies, products, and services.
6 million grant to the University of Oregon to lead a joint effort to continue the work of a technical assistance center aimed at helping address the needs of behavior-challenged students with disabilities.
You can also obtain a list of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, which helps small businesses through the process of obtaining government contracts through the nonprofit Regional Contracting Assistance Center (RCAC) (www.
Susan McCarthy is the director of the Technical Assistance Center at Community Care Organization's PACE program in Milwaukee, Wis.
She and Huntley Forrester of the Northeast Disability and Business Technical Assistance Center offered a seminar on access issues for West Milford Township department heads, and the ADA committee became a working reality.
Staff Training Through a grant to the University of Connecticut, the Connecticut Department of Education funds a technical assistance center focused on the training and education needs of adults with disabilities.
The OVC Training and Technical Assistance Center serves as a centralized access point for information about OVC's training and technical assistance resources to federal, state, and local agencies and special emphasis organizations involved in providing services to crime victims.