published a paper called "Race, Gender, and Research: Implication for Teaching from Depictions of Professors in Popular Films 1985-2005" in the journal Teaching Sociology.
What does TSOC stand for?
TSOC stands for Teaching Sociology
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TSOC
We have 10 other meanings of TSOC in our Acronym Attic
- The Sound of Brooklyn (recording studio)
- The State of Business
- The Story of Brent (marketing company; Netherlands)
- Three-Star Order Brotherhood
- Tiels Stedelijk Ontwikkelingsbeleid
- Transportation Security Oversight Board (US)
- Two Shades of Blue (theater company; UK)
- Two Squares One Broken
- TypoScript Object Browser
- Taurus and Sable Owners Club (automobile club; est. 2010)
- Telenor Security Operation Center (Norway)
- Theater Special Operations Command (US DoD)
- Theater Support Operations Cell
- Thin Small-Outline C-lead (electrical engineering)
- Transglobal Systems of Canada
- Transportation Security Operations Center
- Triangle Sports & Outings Club (Durham, NC)
- Trouble Shooter On Call
- Taiwan SOC Consortium
- Time Sharing Option/Conversational Monitor System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The book begins with an autobiographical essay on the author's education and career, then presents articles on topics such as race and elite academic employment in post-1970s America, Martin Luther King as a public sociologist, teaching sociology in historically black colleges, and Leonard Outhwaite's advocacy of scientific research on blacks in the 1920s.
In addition to teaching at Casper College, Hanson is a member of the editorial board of Teaching Sociology and a consultant-evaluator of the Higher Learning Commission.
Instead of doing more graduate work, however, she worked her way into the discipline by teaching sociology courses in seven different New England colleges.
She applied for a lecturing job at what was then Liverpool Institute of Higher Edcuation and got it, teaching sociology.
Importantly, the book is founded on extensive consultation with academics throughout Australia involved in teaching sociology units to health students.
Walsh came to acting late in life, going through a range of jobs, including teaching sociology, journalism, social work and being a restaurant manager.
`I was teaching sociology at Birmingham University, but the sociology of Balsall Heath quickly became more interesting to me.