He also began to perfect his writing style at the school, and set up the Tea Club and Barrovian Society, where he and friends would discuss literature and critique each other's work.
What does TCBS stand for?
TCBS stands for Tea Club and Barrovian Society (from Tolkien novel)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TCBS
We have 14 other meanings of TCBS in our Acronym Attic
- Teatro Comunale di Bologna (Italian opera house; Bologna, Italy)
- Thunder Cape Bird Observatory (Ontario, Canada)
- Tifton Campus Business Office
- Tohlakai Christian Business Opportunities
- Total Cost of Business Opportunity
- Training, Capacity Building and Outreach
- There Can Be Only One (Highlander)
- Tesla Coil Builders of Richmond (Virginia)
- T-Cluster Binding Protein
- Thyristor Controlled Braking Resistor
- The Bear Creek School
- Thiosulfate Citrate Bile Sucrose Agar (microbiology)
- Thiosulfate-Citrate-Bile Salts-Sucrose (biochemistry)
- Tinned Copper Braid Shield
- Transactions of the Cambridge Bibliographical Society (UK)
- Twin City Baptist Temple (Massachusetts)
- Twin Cities BizTalk User Group (Minnesota)
- Twin Cities BSD User Group
- Total Cerebral Blood Volume
- The Chicago Blues Explosion (Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The members of the Tea Club and Barrovian Society enjoyed potfuls of tea while critiquing each other's written works.
The frequent mentions of the Tea Club and Barrovian Society (TCBS) in the school magazine indicates how close Tolkien and his schoolfriends were.