Overview The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, Section 511(a) and (b)(1), repealed former Sec.
What does TRA stand for?
TRA stands for Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TRA
We have 210 other meanings of TRA in our Acronym Attic
- 3,3,5-triiodothyronine , resin T3 uptake
- Testis Receptor 4
- Tactical Response Academy (Salem, OR)
- Taiwan Railway Administration
- Taiwan Relations Act (US domestic law)
- Tanzania Revenue Authority
- Tapered Rod Antenna
- Task Risk Assessment
- Tax Rate Area (California)
- Tax Reform Act (1976, 1984, or 1986)
- Teachers Retirement Association
- Teaching Respect for All (various organizations)
- Team Roping Association
- Technical Reference Architecture
- Technical Requirement Analysis
- Technology Readiness Assessment
- Technology Related Anger
- Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996
- Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
- Telecommunications Research Associates
Samples in periodicals archive:
Boyce New York A The good news is that, due to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, it is quite possible that you may not owe any capital gains taxes at all from the sale of your home.
The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 created a reduced 18% capital gain tax rate for capital assets acquired after 2000 and held for five years.
Most changes in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 became effective in 1998, so this is the first time most taxpayers are grappling with them," Weinstein said.
84-35 was issued prior to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, which significantly amended Sec.
PRIOR LAW The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, Section 213(a), created code section 530, allowing a taxpayer to establish an education IRA--a trust or custodial account to pay a single named beneficiary's qualified education expenses (QEEs).
Born out of the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, based on legislation written by Sen.
For detailed help on the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, choose IRS Newsstand.