They are Banaras Hindu University, Aligarh Muslim University, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Guwahati and INTACH.
What does TISS stand for?
TISS stands for Tata Institute of Social Sciences (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TISS
We have 27 other meanings of TISS in our Acronym Attic
- Telecoms & Internet Converged Services & Protocols for Advanced Networks
- TIPHON (Telecommunications and Internet Protocol Harmonization over Networks) and SPAN (Services and Protocols for Advanced Networks) (ETSI)
- Training Integration Strategy Process Action Team
- The Institute of Sales Promotion Consultancies
- Tandon Information Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Turtle Island String Quartet
- The International Scope Review (social and economic models)
- Towards an Integrated Student Record (UK)
- Tehran International Studies & Research Institute
- Tactical Information Sharing System
- Tecnologías de la Información San Sebastian
- Telecommunications and Automated Information Systems Security
- Terminal-Independent Support System
- Tester, Intermediate Support System
- TEWS Intermediate Support System
- Thermal Imaging Sensor System
- Travel Information Software Systems
- Triangle Institute for Security Studies
- Telephone Interpreting Service of South Africa
- Telephone Information Services Standards Council (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We have arranged their visits to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Bangalore, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai, Indian Islamic Cultural Center (IICC) in New Delhi and the Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) of Nobel Prize-winning Rajendra Kumar Pachauri," said Kidwai.
Professors from leading educational institutes like the London School and Economics, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, School of African and Asian Studies, Delhi University and Jadavpur University and members of groups like the Citizen's Forum for Civil Liberties, Forum Against Oppression of Women, Mumbai.
Exact figures about the extent of suicide among farmers are difficult to come by, but the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, told AFP that handicapped people and dwarves were among the brides and grooms at Wednesday's ceremony, which it was hoped would set a new Indian record for a mass wedding.
1 billion people still live and work in rural areas and as many as 150,000 debt-hit farmers have killed themselves in the past decade, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences said last year.
As many as 150,000 debt-hit farmers have killed themselves in the past decade, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences said last year.
Boyle and Colson set up the Jai Ho Trust to ensure that Rubina and Azhar received a proper education, were well-housed and given support in coping with media attention, but although Boyle was photographed hugging the delighted-looking children at the meeting at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Rubina's father Rafiq Qureshi stormed out, complaining the film-makers had not done enough.
Stratford, Connecticut award level: Merit * Heritage Brand Campaign Paul Mlodzik, ABC The Co-operators Guelph, Ontario student division: Writing * Communication in Downsizing Rajeev Kumar Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai, India the best of the best Throughout this section you'll find comments from our judges on what made some of this year's award winners "the best of the best.