In October 2006, the Task Force for Child Survival and Development proposed that a Poliovirus Antiviral Initiative be established to implement the NRC recommendations.
What does TFCS stand for?
TFCS stands for Task Force for Child Survival (Carter Center; Emory University)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TFCS
We have 25 other meanings of TFCS in our Acronym Attic
- Twenty First Century Publishers, Ltd. (UK)
- Tyco Flow Control Pacific (water industry; various locations)
- Task Force on Community Preventive Services
- The Five Corners Quintet (jazz band; Helsinki, Finland)
- Table Fetch Continued Row
- Tayside Foundation for the Conservation of Resources (Dundee, UK)
- Texas Federation of College Republicans
- Tobacco Free Challenge Racing (California Department of Health Services)
- Tropical Fish Culture Research Institute (est. 1957; Department of Fisheries Malaysia)
- Task Force on Collection, Reclamation and Storage (UN Environment Programme)
- Team Fortress Classic: Source (gaming)
- Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science
- Toyota Financial Consumer Solutions (vehicles)
- Transmit Format Combination Selection
- Transport Format Combination Set
- Treasury Financial Communications System
- Task Force for Child Survival and Development (Decatur, GA)
- The Future Company Systems Division (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- Total Federal Commissioned Service to Date
- Tarahumara Frog Conservation Team (est. 1991; Arizona Game and Fish Department)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dowdle, Task Force for Child Survival and Development, 750 Commerce Dr, Ste 400, Decatur, GA 30030, USA; fax: 404-371-1087; email: wdowdle@taskforce.
based nonprofit Task Force for Child Survival and Development and former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Center for Injury Prevention and Control.
The Institute also builds on Emory's partnerships with neighboring institutions -- the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), CARE, the Task Force for Child Survival and The Carter Center.
Merck's new grant for programs in Africa will be made to MDP through the Task Force for Child Survival and Development, an Atlanta-based non-profit public health organization that focuses on international and domestic health and human development.
Foege has for more than 30 years been a champion of immunization programs for children around the world and was cofounder and executive director of the Atlanta-based Task Force for Child Survival and Development.
In 1992, he resigned as Executive Director of The Carter Center, but continues in his role as a Fellow and as Executive Director of the Task Force for Child Survival and Development.
Foege served as executive director of the Task Force for Child Survival and Development, which helped raise general immunization levels of the world's children from 20 percent to 80 percent in just six years and created a successful program to overcome river blindness.