The flight schedule just had finished, and we didn't have much going on, so I decided to do some extra preventive maintenance on one of our advanced targeting forward-looking infrared (ATFLIR) pods.
What does TFLIR stand for?
TFLIR stands for Targeting Forward-Looking Infrared
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of TFLIR in our Acronym Attic
- Travel Foreign Location Codes (USDA)
- Tobacco Free Las Cruces Coalition (New Mexico)
- Tohoku Foreign Language Center Ltd. (Bangladesh)
- Temporary Flight Restriction
- Thin-Film Light-Emitting Diode
- The Financial Link Group (Australia)
- The First Love Game
- Trafalgar Resources, Inc.
- Tennessee Foreign Language Institute
- Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company (Purchase, NY)
- Tear Fluid Lactoferrin Level
- The Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman book)
- Tear-Film Lipid Layer Thickness (meibomian gland)
- The Fox Lane Middle School (Bedford, NY)
- Teaching for Learning Network (various schools)
- Text from Last Night
- Thunderstorms, Fireworks, Loud Noises (pet anxiety medicine; HomeoPet)
- True Fantasy Live Online
- Tera Floating Point Operations Per Second
- Tera (trillion) Floating Point Operations per Second
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 40 employees of Shock Tech make shock and vibration isolator parts for Raytheon's Advanced Targeting Forward-looking Infrared pod.
The three pods in the review included the Navy's advanced targeting forward-looking infrared (ATFLIR), the Air Force Sniper and the Marine Corps' Litening.
The ASQ-228 Advanced Targeting Forward-looking Infrared (ATFLIR) targeting pod, developed and manufactured by Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is currently forward deployed to Super Hornet and F/A-18C Hornet squadrons now on cruise in support of continuing operations overseas.