Thomas said that the states have to play a very crucial role in this historic and path-breaking initiative and urged them to strengthen Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) including intermediate storage facilities at all levels in order to be able to successfully implement the act.
What does TDPS stand for?
TDPS stands for Targeted Public Distribution System (India)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TDPS
We have 9 other meanings of TDPS in our Acronym Attic
- Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle (software)
- Thrift Depositor Protection Oversight Board (formerly Resolution Trust Corporation Oversight Board)
- Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party (India)
- Transformational Database Processing and Playback (Imaginon, Inc.; Delaware)
- Trace-Directed Program Restructuring
- Total Diet and Pesticide Research Center (Lenexa, KS)
- Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue (forum for fans of the Fender Telecaster Guitar)
- Technical Data Package Request System
- Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services
- Tactical Data Processing Suite (US DoD)
- Tax Data Perfection System
- Tayside Drug Problem Service (UK)
- Technical Data Products & Services (Boeing)
- Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme (UK)
- Terrain Data Preparation System
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- The Dutch Paranormal Society (Netherlands)
- Timing-Driven Partial Scan
- Time Differential Phase Shift Keying
- Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today gave its approval for Component-l of the Plan Scheme on `End-to-End Computerisation of Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) Operations` in the 12th Five Year Plan with an outlay of Rs.
Responding to the suggestion on distribution of free food grain, the government said in its affidavit that it was already allocating food grain under the Targeted Public Distribution System at " highly subsidised rates".
Elaborate provisions for grievance redressal mechanism have also been made in the Bill besides other provisions for ensuring transparency and accountability such as disclosure of records of targeted public distribution system (TPDS), social audit and vigilance committees at various levels," he said.
A Nine Point Action Plan for curbing the leakages/diversion of foodgrains under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) has been evolved in consultation with the State Governments.
He said that, due to the current high level of stocks of food grains in the Central pool, in addition to normal annual allocations of foodgrains under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) and other welfare schemes, the Government has allocated an additional quantity of 50 lakh tonnes of foodgrains for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in May and another 50 lakh tonnes of foodgrains for Above Poverty Line (APL) families in June.