5-in stabilised sensor turret that is able to pack no less than seven electro-optical devices (see picture herewith), offering the possibility to simultaneously detect targets with its infrared and colour camera, with a target hand-off capability from one to the other, or with images split over two screens to play on zooms to maintain situational awareness with one sensor while the other zooms in for target identification.
What does THO stand for?
THO stands for Target Hand-Off
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of THO
We have 22 other meanings of THO in our Acronym Attic
- The Health Network Company (New Zealand)
- Targeted High Need Initiative (teaching standards)
- Torrs Hydro New Mills Ltd. (UK)
- The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park (Beaverton, OR)
- Thank You
- The Home News Tribune (New Jersey newspaper)
- Two Horizons New Testament Commentary (book)
- Tamils Health Organisation
- Temporary Housing Officer (US FEMA)
- The Holy Observer (publication)
- Top Hits Online (weekly music chart)
- Traditional Hand-Off (algorithm)
- Traditional Healers Organisation (South Africa)
- Taller de Historia Andina (Spanish: Andean History Workshop)
- Transplantation of Human Organs Act (India)
- The Head of Alfredo Garcia (blog)
- Temasek Hall Orientation Committee
- Texas Hematology Oncology Centers (Dallas, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Units often assign primary and alternate observers to targets but do not take the actions necessary to insert the observer onto the battlefield for target hand-off.
Marine Corps Warfighting Lab, is a portable device designed to automate the target hand-off process between the FAC and the pilot in the cockpit.