lt;p>The Data Domain de-duplication appliances are point products that are installed between primary storage arrays and tape archives or virtual tape library disk subsystems.
What does TARCH stand for?
TARCH stands for Tape Archive
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of TARCH
We have 1 other meaning of TARCH in our Acronym Attic
- Total Active Reflection Coefficient
- Traffic Accident Research Centre (Volvo/Thai government facility in Bangkok, Thailand)
- Training and Research Center (various organizations)
- Transit Authority of River City
- Tri-City Asset Reinvestment Company
- Tropical Agricultural Research Center (Japan)
- Troubled Agency Recovery Center (HUD)
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission (various locations)
- Tunku Abdul Rahman College
- Target Combat Air Patrol
- Threshold ARCH (AutoRegressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity)
- Tonal Adaptive Resolution COdec
- Top of Alabama Regional Council of Governments
- United States Army Tank-Automotive Materiel Readiness Command
- United States Army Tank-Automotive Materiel Readiness Command, Selfridge
- Taiwanese-American Reformed Church in Queens
- Technical Architecture Requirements Database
- Technical Assistance for Rural Development (Bangladesh)
- The Atlanta Roadways Digest (satire)
- Training for Agriculture and Rural Development (Food and Agriculture Organization; UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NASA will use the DMF solution to quickly and efficiently move older data files to a tape archive, making the much faster disk space self-managing.
There might be one copy in primary storage, another in a replicated environment, a third in an online archive, a fourth in a tape archive and a fifth in CAS.
For most companies cost savings can be achieved by implementing a storage architecture that consists of three basic levels: Tier 1 Online -- mission-critical, transaction based, continuous access, high value data, maximum security and availability, must be redundant Tier 2 Near-line -- application based, active to infrequent use, medium to high value data, reliability and availability are important, redundancy required for recovery purposes Tier 3 Off-line -- archives, infrequent access, low priority in business operations, data organization important for easy access when required, disk-to-disk back-up and tape archives SATA RAID provides the performance and availability required for Tier 2 (near-line) storage at the most attractive cost per MB.
0 software to enable easy tape archive and retrieval.
And, with new applications that enable users to access tape archives through a file system interface, organizations have more flexibility in designing efficient and affordable active archive solutions using the right mix of tape and disk media.
If Bush needs to upgrade to a newer generation of AIT technology for capacity sake, the Center's carrent tape archive will still be accessible because AIT drives feature backward read compatibility with the previous generations of AIT media.
With the addition of Micro Focus ECS to its new Data Migration Service for Mainframe Migration (DMSFMM), Data Strategies is now able to quickly and easily migrate the data that is of critical importance to its customers off of mainframe-based tape archives and into the cloud.