Today the 11,000-acre Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve in the Kansas Flint Hills, established in 1996, is jointly owned by the National Park Trust, a private organization, and the National Park Service.
What does TAPR stand for?
TAPR stands for Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve (US National Park Service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAPR
We have 5 other meanings of TAPR in our Acronym Attic
- Telematics for Administrations: Public Procurement in Europe
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Tennessee Association for the Preservation and Perpetuation of Storytelling
- Tennessee Association of Professional Process Servers (est. 1988)
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools
- Thinking Aloud Pair Problem Solving
- Toronto Association of Police and Private Security (Canada)
- Training and Accreditation Programme for Postgraduate Supervisors (Robert Gordon University; Aberdeen, Scotland, UK)
- Transportable Assembly Perimeter Protection System (Army Digitization Information Infrastructure-2001)
- TNO-AZL Preschool Quality Of Life
- Total Abdominal and Pelvic Radiotherapy (ovarian carcinoma)
- Training Activity Program Report
- Training Activity Program Roster (TRADOC)
- Transoesophageal Atrial Pacing and Recording (arrhythmias)
- Tucson Amateur Packet Radio
- Tampere Peace Research Institute (Finland)
- Telecommunications Action Plan for Remote Indigenous Communities (Australia)
- Topology and Policy Recommendation Working Group
- Tactical Area Positioning System
- Tactical Assault Planning System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Just a two-hour drive away in the Kansas Flint Hills is Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, considered a more endangered ecosystem than the rainforest.
On a frosty predawn in the middle of March, Rebekah Foote drives along a dirt road to the apex of a softly rolling hill within Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve in Kansas.
The new ones are: In Kansas, the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, including 11,000 acres of tallgrass prairie, and Nicodemus National Historic Site, a town founded as a community for free black slaves after the Civil War.
Belatedly, we're recognizing the special qualities of this unique ecosystem and preserving segments of native prairie; there's now a bill before Congress to create a Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve in Osage Hills, Oklahoma.
Suzan Barnes, manager of the Grand Central Hotel and Grill in Cottonwood Falls and a conference participant, sees the workshop as a way for area communities to participate in changes associated with the relatively new Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve.
Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve in east central Kansas represents less than 4 percent of what remains of the expansive tallgrass prairies that once covered 400,000 square miles from Canada to Texas and from Illinois to Kansas.
HEARTLAND Lori Nelson, Regional Director * NPCA has begun working with local communities outside of Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve, Kansas, to promote economic development while maintaining the natural, cultural, and historical characteristics that led to the establishment of the park.