Sun, director of the Center for Economic Forecasting at Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, also worried that the island's economic performance might be impacted by sluggish global market resulting mainly from the unsolved European debt and U.
What does TIER stand for?
TIER stands for Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (est. 1976)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TIER
We have 10 other meanings of TIER in our Acronym Attic
- Türk Ve Islam Eserleri Müzesi (Turkish: Museum of Turkish and Islamic Art; Istanbul, Turkey)
- The International Emergency Management Society
- Transmission of Information and Energy in Nonlinear and Complex Systems
- TRW Information Exchange Network
- Tennessee Intensive English Program (University of Tennessee at Martin; Martin, TN)
- Terengganu International Endurance Park (Malaysia)
- Texas Intensive English Program
- Transition Individual Education Plan (various locations)
- Trauma Information and Exchange Program
- Telecommunications Industry Emergency Planning Forum (UK)
- Technical Independent Evaluation Report
- Times Interest Earned Ratio
- Tourism Industry Emergency Response (VisitBritain)
- Treasury Information Executive Repository
- True Innocents Equine Rescue (Riverside, CA)
- Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (Texas Health and Human Services Commission)
- Thousand Islands Emergency Rescue Service (Clayton, NY)
- Tactical Imagery Exploitation System (US DoD)
- Tactical Information Exchange System
- Teaching Improvement and Equipment Scheme (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taiwanese-run factories in the mainland make about a 10th of China's electronics exports, including iPhones and Playstations, according to the Taiwan Institute of Economic Research,.
Nearly 58 percent of the island's residents oppose smoking while travelling on foot, and more than 84 percent are against smoking while driving, according to a survey of over 1,000 people conducted by Taiwan Institute of Economic Research.
The Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (TIER) said it estimates that the island's GDP will grow 2.
The Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (TIER) said it estimates the island's gross domestic product (GDP) to grow 2.
The Taiwan Institute of Economic Research recently raised its 1999 economic growth forecast to 5.
27, 2012 (CENS) -- With its TIER Index of Business Climate having showed positive signs of recovery for three months in a row, the Taiwan Institute of Economic Research (TIER), a major private economic think tank, stated that outlooks for Taiwan's manufacturing industries are actually improving for the time being after hitting a bottom in the second quarter of this year.
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the drastic change of Taiwan's economic landscape since then," said Hank Huang, head of BOT research at Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, a Taipei-based think-tank.