Army's Secure Mobile Anti-jam Reliable Tactical Terminal and the U.
What does TAC TERM stand for?
TAC TERM stands for Tactical Terminal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Tactical Development & Evaluation
- Tactical Display Generator Unit
- Tactical Evaluation
- Tactical Headquarters
- Tactical Idle (Speed)
- Tactical Intelligence
- Tactical Advanced Computer Joint Workstation
- Tactical Support Center/Mobile Systems
- Tactical Operations (also seen as TACOPS)
- Tactical Air Command Peacetime Analysis of the Combat Effectiveness of Repairable Spares
- Tactical Air Command Weapons System Evaluation Program
- Tactical Air Control (Airborne)
- Tactical Air Coordinator (Airborne)
- Type Activity Code 1
- Tactical Advanced Computer 3
- Tactical Advanced Computer (US Navy)
- Tactical Air Controller - Airborne
- Tactical Autonomous Combat-Chassis
- Tehran Advanced Communication Center (language training; Iran)
- Tactical Deception
Samples in periodicals archive:
NYSE: HRS) have delivered the 100th two-channel, KOR-24 Small Tactical Terminal that expands the availability of situational awareness data to military users at the tactical edge.
As per the 3-year contract, Raytheon will be responsible for the procurement and services needed for AEHF tactical terminals that are secure, mobile and resistant to jamming.
The SMART-T, or Secure Mobile Anti-jam Reliable Tactical Terminal system, is designed to give troops satellite communication abilities that allow them access to real-time video, battlefield mapping and targeting data, Raytheon reported.
[ILLUSTRATIONS OMITTED] Real time coordination between all the services is what the AN/USC-55A, NSN 5895-01-443-9072, and AN/USC-55B, NSN 5895-01-443-8178, commander's tactical terminal three channel (CTT3) are all about.
Operations training consist of a combination of live and simulated data links to JSTARS (Surveillance and Control Datalink (SCDL) and satellite communications (SATCOM)), Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) nodes of TRAP Data Dissemination System (TDDS), Tactical Information Broadcast System (TIBS) and Tactical Reconnaissance Intelligence Exchange System (TRIXS) using the Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) radio.
Our experience and broad portfolio of existing antenna and RF products, coupled with the technology Radyne brings in the TM-20, yields field- configurable mobile and tactical terminals capable of unsurpassed performance in satellite communication or troposcatter modes of operation.
Forecast International's study did not specifically address the market for satellite communications ground terminals, but Edwards agreed with other experts that the Defense Department will need to step up investments in tactical terminals, to keep up with the rising demand for non-line-of-sight military communications.