Fitted with the electronic attack equipment of the EA-6B Prowler--including the ALQ-218(v)2 tactical receiver, communications countermeasures set, interference cancellation, ALQ-99 tactical jamming system pods, and the multimssion advanced tactical terminal--the test platforms are scheduled to begin flight testing in September and November 2006.
What does TJS stand for?
TJS stands for Tactical Jamming System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TJS
We have 29 other meanings of TJS in our Acronym Attic
- Techniques Japonaises de Reiki (French: Japanese Reiki Techniques)
- Terminal Jaw Relation (orthodontics)
- Total Joint Replacement
- Toure Jim's Records (French music label)
- Traditional Japanese Reiki (alternative healing practice)
- Texoma Junior Rodeo Association (Texas)
- Toney Johnson Real Estate (Homer, LA)
- Tribunal de Justiça do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese: Court for the State of Rio de Janeiro)
- Thailand-Japan Rubber Symposium (est. 2007)
- Total Joint Replacement Surgery
- Taipei Japanese School (Taiwan)
- Tajikistan Somoni (ISO currency code)
- The Jazz Session (blog and podcast)
- The Jewellery Store (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Tommy John Surgery (baseball pitcher's damaged elbow)
- Tucson Jazz Society (Arizona)
- Tyrolean Jet Services (Austria)
- Tribal Jurisdiction Statistical Area (US Census Bureau)
- Tribal Jurisdictional Service Area (Cherokee Nation; Oklahoma)
- Tribal Justice Statistics Assistance Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
While Northrop Grumman is the prime for the upgrade, Comptek Federal Systems and PRB Associates have provided a reactive tactical jamming system and will include training among its support activities beyond 2004.
Prodi said the plane, a EA-6B Grumman Prowler, a four-man surveillance aircraft equipped with tactical jamming systems, had "obviously been flying too low".
EDO has been associated with the Prowler since its inception as the designer and manufacturer of its ALQ-99 Tactical Jamming System.