He has more than 32 years of service, 22 of which have been in the Fire Support Software Engineering Division where he worked on the Tactical Fire Direction System (TACFIRE), produced the first fielded FA system written entirely in Ada, and led the Fire Support Software Engineering Division to achieve the Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute's highest rating for Capability Maturity Model Integrated.
What does TACFIRE stand for?
TACFIRE stands for Tactical Fire Direction System (Army)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TACFIRE
- Temporary Alteration Control Form
- The American Chestnut Foundation
- The ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Cancer Foundation
- Tivoli Access Control Facility (IBM Redbook: SG24-2021-00)
- Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship (Toronto, Canada)
- Tustin Area Council for Fine Arts (California)
- Tactical Frequency Assignment Module
- Tactical Digital Facsimile
- Tactical Fire Direction Center
- Tactical Fire
- Tactical Forces Information System
- Tactical Force Interaction Targeting & Strike (Study)
- Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services
- Tasmanian Adult Cystic Fibrosis Unit (Tasmania, Australia)
- Totally And Completly Fouled Up (polite form)
- Table Access Code Generator (computer programming)
- Tactical Air Control Group
- Tactical Gap Crossing System
- Tactical Generator
- Triangle Area Club Grand Prix (North Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Legend: ACO = Air Control Order ADNS = Automated Digital Networking System ATO = Air Tasking Order GCCS-M = Global Command and Control System-Marine GWS = Gun Weapon System HF = High Frequency FSCM = Fire Support Coordination Measures LAN = Local Area Network Met = Meteorological NSFS = Naval Surface Fire Support SATCOMS = Satellite Communications TACFIRE = Tactical Fire Direction System TACLINK = Tactical Communications Link TBMCS = Theater Battle Management Core System VHF = Variable High Frequency VMF = Variable Message Format Naval Fire Control System (NFCS) Capabilities
The Div Arty also conducted "Thunder in the Desert," a live-fire exercise (LFX), to validate the recently fielded advanced FA tactical fire direction system (AFATDS) software.
The tactical fire direction system (TACFLRE) provided the initial tactical fire direction for cannon battalions, FA brigades, division artilleries and corps artilleries.
13Es, after one day of familiarization on SINCGARS, received three days of training driven by light tactical fire direction system (LTACFIRE) scenarios.
Today's missions no longer fit into the traditional counterfire against a target described by the old tactical fire direction system (TACFIRE) as "HEAVY RKT/MSL" (heavy force rocket/missile).
Since the tactical fire direction system (TACFIRE), our digital architecture has routed calls-for-fire through the company, task force and brigade fire support elements (FSEs) sequentially before they reach the delivery units.
The tactical fire direction system and top-down fire planning have encumbered our ability to provide timely, accurate fires.