The CTAA was designed as a tactical assembly area rather than a marshaling area to remind Soldiers that they were still in contact with the enemy and that unloading, reloading, and getting CULT back on the road to Kuwait was a combat operation, not an administrative movement.
What does TAA stand for?
TAA stands for Tactical Assembly Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAA
We have 291 other meanings of TAA in our Acronym Attic
- Training Advisor 1 (International Virtual Aviation Organisation)
- Total Army Ammunition Authorization & Allocation Conference (US Army)
- That's All For Now
- Field Clothing and Equipment
- Telecommunication Act of 1996
- Tachyarrhythmia Absoluta (cardiology)
- Tactical Aerospace Assessment
- Tactical Air Army
- Tactical Airsoft Arena (Rockville, MD)
- Tactical Army Automation
- Tactical Asset Allocation
- Tactical Automation Appraisal
- Taekwondo Antibes Academy (France)
- Taiwan Architects Association (Taiwan)
- Taiwanese Association of America
- Take Appropriate Action
- Tallahassee Auto Auction (Tallahassee, FL)
- Tanker Alert Area
- Tanzania Airports Authority
- Taos Art Association (New Mexico, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These included not only the MOUT site, but also a tactical assembly area (TAA) for combat preparation and a main supply route (MSR) where units could conduct convoy operations and react to an ambush while mounted.
BCS3 is program software that consolidates and maps data from a myriad of specialized data systems to provide SDDC and operation commanders strategic level visibility of cargo and containers shipped from an installation to a tactical assembly area.
The captain led the first end-to-end unit deployment by the 599th of more than 3,000 pieces of equipment with 100 percent in-transit visibility from the unit motor pool to the tactical assembly area.
They have to be able to run airports and seaports, receive forces off planes and off ships, marry them up with their equipment and deliver them into a tactical assembly area so the commander can get ready to do the operation," he explained.
Early March brought movement of the division from its base camps to tactical assembly areas (TAAs) in the Kuwaiti desert.
This was the first attempt to provide total in-transit and total asset visibility for all deployment equipment from the unit locations on the installation to the in-theater tactical assembly area.
In the tactical assembly area (TAA), the battalion FDC computed missions outside the unclassified range and would not get a "Green Gumball" allowing it to fire.