His active duty service included three years with tactical air forces and as a briefer on the Air Force Intelligence Service Soviet Awareness Briefing Team.
What does TACAIR stand for?
TACAIR stands for Tactical Air Forces
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TACAIR
- Towards Accreditation and Certification of Age Determination of Aquatic Resources
- Teachers Advisory Committee on Alcohol and Drug Education (United Kingdom)
- Tactical Automated Data Processing System
- Terminal Access Control Agent Function (telecommunications)
- Turkish American Cultural Association of Florida
- Turkish American Cultural Association of Georgia
- Tactical Airborne Information Document
- Tactical Decision Aid (US Navy)
- Tactical Aids
- Tactical Air
- Tactical Aircraft
- Tactical Airborne Electronics Warfare Aircraft
- Tactical Air Control Group
- Tactical AIR POD
- TAC Command & Control Alerting System
- Turkish-American Cultural Association of Michigan (Farmington Hills, MI)
- Take Charge & Move Out
- Tactical Air Command and Navigation System (US NASA)
- Tactical Air Navigation
- Tactical Airborne Navigation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The JSF is critical for recapitalizing tactical air forces and will require a long-term commitment to very large annual funding outlays.
The opportunity is growing for smaller tactical air forces, when combined with the right mix of well-connected logistics and strike aircraft, to contribute as much or more to coalition efforts as have much larger air forces," Chadwick said.
He devalues by this logic large portions of ground and tactical air forces supplied by the Army and Air Force, particularly in recognition of likely diminishing defense budgets.
Nevertheless, it appears that DOD could safely take a slower approach to fighter modernization and maintain smaller tactical air forces than are currently planned.
A Command Pilot with 3,700 hours in over 20 types of high performance aircraft, MacGhee is an experienced leader having commanded fighter squadrons, fighter wings and served as Director of Operations for all tactical air forces.
The JSF program is to provide critical replacement aircraft that will serve as the heart of future tactical air forces.
It provides the historical record with a primary account of the combat conditions and experiences encountered by the tactical air forces during the allied operations in Europe in the waning days of the war.