These include: the Gulen Movement; the Muslim Brotherhood and Jama'at-i Islami; the Muslim World League and World Assembly of Muslim Youth; Jihadi Networks and Hizb ut-Tahrir; Sufi Orders; and Tablighi Jama'at.
What does TJ stand for?
TJ stands for Tablighi Jama'at (Muslim Faith)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TJ
We have 15 other meanings of TJ in our Acronym Attic
- Tari, Papua New Guinea (Airport Code)
- Team Integrale Zorg (Dutch: Integrated Care Team)
- Technology Information Zone (Michigan)
- Time in Zone (health)
- Tokyo Insect Zoo (video game)
- Transparency International Zimbabwe (Harare, Zimbabwe)
- Tsunami Inundation Zone (Oregon)
- Tarek Ibn Ziyad Academy (Inver Grove, MN)
- Thousand Island Zed Car Club (Canada)
- Junction Temperature
Samples in periodicals archive:
These groups vary from the extremely political and influential Jama'at-i Islami (Islamic Society) to the extremely apolitical and highly successful Tablighi Jama'at (Missionary Society), which is by far the largest Muslim missionary movement in the world.
The Tablighi Jama'at is now the largest transnational Islamic movement, in scale and scope comparable only to Christian Pentecostalism.