The TRMM microwave imager (TMI), Hughes' second-generation microwave imager, advanced the microwave-imaging technology to include the ability to supply information useful for tropical storm tracking, cloud and soil moisture levels, land and sea surface temperatures, wave height, and sea surface wind speeds.
What does TMI stand for?
TMI stands for TRMM Microwave Imager
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TMI
We have 189 other meanings of TMI in our Acronym Attic
- Trainable Mentally Impaired
- Training Management Institute
- Tranches Marginales d'Imposition (French: Marginal Tax Bracket)
- Trans Met Incorporated (defense equpiment and services; Cibolo, TX)
- Trans-Mars Injection
- Transactions on Medical Imaging
- Transmarginal Inhibition (psychology)
- Treasure Mountain Inn (Park City, UT)
- Treasury Management International (London, England, UK)
- Tri-Methyl Indium
- Tympanic Membranes Intact (medical)
- Three Mile Island Citizens' Monitoring Network (Camp Hill, PA)
- Tehran Metropol Interglobal/International Airport (Iran)
- TeleMessaging Industry Association
- The Messaging Industry Association
- Three Mile Island Alert
- Truck Mounted Impact Attenuator (highway work site protection)
- Tegner Miller Insurance Brokers (est. 1902; Los Angeles, CA)
- The Man in Black (Ritchie Blackmore, rock guitarist)
- To Make It Balance (POM entry use to show a balanced USAF POM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
provided a TRMM microwave imager (TMI), one of several instruments on board the TRMM spacecraft.
The TRMM microwave imager (TMI) is Hughes' second imager and draws upon the proven technology established in Hughes' first imager, the Special Sensor Microwave/Imager, launched a decade ago to support the U.