The University of Georgia's Peabody Archives has signed with Media Matters to use their System for the Automated Migration of Media Archives, or SAMMA, to migrate over 2,000 recordings submitted by local television stations around the United States for consideration in the annual Peabody Awards competition between 1973 and 1990.
What does SAMMA stand for?
SAMMA stands for System for the Automated Migration of Media Archives (Media Matters)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAMMA
We have 1 other meaning of SAMMA in our Acronym Attic
- Scheduling and Milestone Management
- Security Assistance Management Manual
- Self-Administered Medication Management
- SHARC And MODTRAN Merged
- Software Acquisition Maturity Model
- Space, Automation & Manufacturing Mechanisms (Laboratory; University of Florida)
- Systems Aided Manufacturing Management
- Small Arms Master Marksman’s Course (US Army school)
- SHARC And MOSART Merged
- South Asians in Media and Marketing Association
- San Antonio Military Medical Center (Texas)
- School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (Australia)
- Smoking-Attributable Mortality, Morbidity, and Economic Costs (US CDC)
- Southern Africa Museum of Military History (Johannesburg)
- State Auto Middle Market Insurance
- Southwest Area Multicounty Multitype Interlibrary Exchange (Marshall, MN)
- System for Aiding Man-Machine Interaction Evaluation (ergonometric design)
- Spring-to-Autumn Measurements and Modelling of Ozone and Active Species
- Shortage Area Medical Matching Program (California)
- South American Magnetic Mapping Project
Samples in periodicals archive:
WASHINGTON -- The Library of Congress has contracted to use the System for the Automated Migration of Media Archives, or SAMMA, to migrate its massive collection of audio-visual material in preparation for its move to the National Audio-Visual Conservation Center in Culpeper, VA.