Patent 6,775,780 entitled "Detecting Malicious Software By Analyzing Patterns Of System Calls Generated During Emulation".
What does SYSCALL stand for?
SYSCALL stands for System Call
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Systems Administrator
- Symptomatic Slow Acting Drugs in Osteo-Arthritis
- Sybase System Software Asset Management
- Spokane Youth Sports Association Soccer (Washington)
- Save Your Selves Black Men
- Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls (UK Financial Services Authority)
- Slidell Youth Soccer Club (Louisiana)
- Snohomish Youth Soccer Club (Snohomish, WA)
- Spartanburg Youth Soccer Club (now Carolina FC; Spartanburg, SC)
- Sununu Youth Services Center (New Hampshire)
- Symposium on Security for Asia Network
- System Capability (Army)
- Small Yacht Sailing Club of Oregon (Portland, OR)
- Sydney Steel Corporation (Canada)
- Systems and Services Company
- Sistemas y Servicios de Comunicacion (Comunication systems and services; Mexico)
- System and Materiel Command
- Systems Command
- System(s) Control
- Systems Control Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
When the caregiver hangs up the wireless phone, the system call is cancelled.
A, so applications can transfer data directly to the NIC, avoiding the overhead of data copies and system call context switches while still enjoying the security benefits of traditional kernel-based networking implementations.
When a system call requests processor time for executable code, it verifies whether the executable is in the authentication database.
If a contractor misses a call, they can dial-in directly to an 800 number to receive the information or have the system call them back later.
In a non-preemptive kernel, a high priority real-time process may become eligible to run but may have to wait for a low priority process currently executing a system call to exit from the kernel.
Since the mobile code can do nothing (good or bad) unless it first invokes the operating system, these dynamic access controls can intercept each system call and check it against a policy database.
In this initial release, Hammer's functionality accelerates Verilog RTL Code, including programming language interface (PLI) calls, as well as the interactive creation of function and system calls, commonly called VCD dumping, that are formatted as results data.