Instead, in the shadows rose a community of hackers who began to reverse engineer certain parts of the iPhone operating system application programming instructions and created an underground market to distribute apps that perform functions not provided by the iPhone.
What does SAP stand for?
SAP stands for System Application Programming
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SAP
We have 795 other meanings of SAP in our Acronym Attic
- Svenska Arbetar Partiet (Swedish Social Democratic Party)
- Symbolic Assembler Program
- Symbolic Assembly Program
- Synapse-Associated Protein
- Sync Alignment Protocol
- System Acquisition Plan
- System against People
- System Alarm Panel (security)
- System Application Procedure
- System Application Products
- System/Ship Acquisition Plan
- Systemanalyse And Programmentwicklung
- Systeme, Anwendungen, Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung (German: Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing; SAP AG)
- Systemic Arterial Pressure
- Systems Analysis and Program Development
- Systems and Procedures
- Systems and Programming (various companies)
- Systems Applications and Products (data processing)
- Systems Applications Procedures
- Systems Assurance Programmer (British Airways)
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 /PRNewswire/ -- Compaq Computer Corporation (NYSE: CPQ) and EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the two largest global enterprise storage providers, have agreed to cross-license storage system application programming interfaces (APIs).
Soyring also claimed that Microsoft was able to limit uptake of IBM's OS/2 operating system and any other potential co mpetitor by restricting access to Windows operating system Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and the developer tools used to create Windows-specific applications.
8, 2001 Compaq Computer Corporation (NYSE: CPQ) and EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the two largest global enterprise storage providers, have agreed to cross license storage system application programming interfaces (APIs).
IBM recognized the fact that there was no effort to provide a cross-operating system application programming interface for the MPEG compression standard," said Steve Hancock of the IBM OS/2(a) Warp development team, IBM Personal Software Products Division.