DAMASCUS, (SANA) -- The Syrian Investment Agency on Tuesday launched its sixth annual report on investment in Syria, which includes the number of projects, their overall costs, and the job opportunities they provide.
What does SIA stand for?
SIA stands for Syrian Investment Agency
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIA
We have 351 other meanings of SIA in our Acronym Attic
- Sugar Industry Authority (Jamaica)
- Summit International Awards (marketing communications industry)
- Supervision, Inspection and Administration (US Army)
- Supplementary Immunization Activities
- Survivors of Incest Anonymous
- Sustainability Impact Assessment (trade)
- Swap-In Arrears
- Swiss Industrial Abrasive
- Swiss Insurance Association
- Syra Intergalactic Arms (gaming)
- System Impact Assessment
- System Interface Agreement
- System Interface Assembly
- Sustainability Impact Assessment of the Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area
- Science Industry Action Agenda (Australia)
- Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Seed Industry Association of Australia, Limited
- She is an Astronomer (International Year of Astronomy project)
- Simulation Industry Association of Australia (Lindfield, Australia)
- Societas Iuridica Antiliana et Arubana (Dutch)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Director-General of the Syrian Investment Agency (SIA) Ahmed Abdulaziz said Friday the deep-rooted Syrian-Kuwaiti relations are based on mutual interests and sincere fraternity and trust.
The Director-General of the Syrian Investment Agency, Ahmed Abdel Aziz, said the Agency approved during 2010 some 400 investment projects at a total cost of US$2 billion, compared to 273 projects in 2009, say an increase of 46 percent.
In a statement to the press, Ahmad Diab, Director General of Syrian Investment Agency where the meeting was held, said that the project will help relay foreign expertise and specializations that Syria lacks and provide job opportunities.
For his part, Director General of the Syrian Investment Agency Ahmad Mohammad Diab said that the Agency is working to provide all the investment requirements, including adopting the single window system to provide all necessary licenses in one place and launching the Syrian investment map to provide easy information to investors.
During a meeting with Alexander Yakovlev, Director General of the Russian ACB Company, General Director of the Syrian Investment Agency, Ahmad Diab pointed out to Syria's richness of raw materials and qualified cadres, in addition to the new laws and legislations issued in this regard to guarantee the investors' rights.
According to the Syrian Investment Agency, the number of enlisted investment projects increased from 261 projects in 2009 up to 385 in 2010 at an estimated cost of more than SYP 85, 10 billion.
The discussions came during a meeting between General Director of the Syrian Investment Agency Ahmad Diab and a Saudi Businessmen delegation headed by Ibrahim al-Arnous.