Through the Syria Accountability Act, and through sanctions which the EU has imposed, the US has been trying to destroy the Syrian government for twenty years.
What does SAA stand for?
SAA stands for Syria Accountability Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAA
We have 453 other meanings of SAA in our Acronym Attic
- Surety Association of America
- Surety Association of America (gathers bond statistics)
- Surviving an Affair (book)
- Suspended Array Application
- Sustained Achievement Award (Singapore)
- Suzuki Association of the Americas (music education)
- Swim Across America (cancer awareness)
- Swiss Ayurveda Association
- Switzerland-Armenia Association (Switzerland)
- Synchronous Approximate Agreement
- Syria Arab Airlines
- System Area Analysis
- System Assurance Analysis (US NASA)
- System Availability Analysis
- Systems Application Architecture
- Samtök Áhugafólks Um Áfengis- og Vímuefnavandann (Swedish: National Center of Addiction Medicine)
- Service Aspects and Applications - Audio/Visual Multimedia Services
- Serum Amyloid A Protein 2
- Serum Amyloid A3 Protein
- Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army
Samples in periodicals archive:
As for the US-imposed sanctions on Syria under the Syria Accountability Act of December 12, 2003, the Council deems the unilateral sanctions inconsistent with the principles of the international laws and the UN resolutions since they give precedence to the US laws over the international ones.
ASTANA, SANA_ The Foreign Ministers' Council of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) rejected the US unilateral sanctions imposed on Syria and the so-called Syria Accountability Act which is considered as a violation of the international law principles, UN resolutions and charter of OIC.
to lift the sanctions imposed in 2003 through the Syria Accountability Act.
Under the Syria Accountability Act, as the sanctions are known, the president can work through the Commerce Department to grant exemptions for national security reasons in one of six categories, including one that allows for the sale of airplane parts to ensure safe civil aviation.
It reached a dangerous juncture with the passing by Congress of the Syria Accountability Act in December 2003, whose aim was to sever SyriaAAEs ties to terrorism and end its decades-old presence in Lebanon, in addition to stopping its alleged development of WMDs.
It reached a dangerous juncture with the Congress' passing of the Syria Accountability Act in December 2003, whose aim was to sever Syria's ties to terrorism and end its decades-old presence in Lebanon, in addition to stopping its alleged development of weapons of mass destruction.
president to Damascus and a return invitation to Bashar al-Assad to visit Washington, together with the repeal of the Syria Accountability Act and the adoption of a new, less aggressive tone toward Syria, would go some way to showing that the new administration really does want to make a clean break from the disastrous foreign policies of George W.