Patient-ventilator interactions during partial ventilatory support: a preliminary study comparing the effects of adaptive support ventilation with synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation plus inspiratory pressure support.
What does SIMV stand for?
SIMV stands for Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIMV
We have 1 other meaning of SIMV in our Acronym Attic
- Solomon Islands Medical Training and Research Institute
- Sorry I Missed You
- State Implementation Monitoring Unit (Malaysia)
- Summer Institute in Mathematics for Undergraduates (est. 1998; University of Puerto Rico-Humacao)
- Simulation Language
- Simulation of Logistics Systems
- Simulation for Multiple Unit Training Assemblies
- Simulation in Unit Training Assembly
- Simulation Tools and Techniques (Conference)
- Synchronized Intermittent Mechanical Ventilation
- Simulation Working Group
- Simulated Workstation Input
- Simulated Workstation Output
- Simulation Expendable Jammers
- Shanghai International Medical Zone (China)
- Northern Sinai (Egyptian automobile license plate)
- Safety In Numbers
- Satan's Identification Number
- Scientific Information Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 8 OMITTED] When admitted into the cardiovascular surgery intensive care unit postoperatively, all patients were sedated with Diprivan (Propofol) and on assist controlled (A/C) ventilation (n=9) except one patient (n=1) who was on synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation (SIMV).
These are T-Piece, pressure support ventilation (PSV), synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation (SIMV) and using NPPV as a bridge to total disconnection from ventilatory support.
Effects of volume-guaranteed synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation in preterm infants recovering from respiratory failure.
The babies were randomized to either conventional Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (IMV), or to Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (SIMV), a new mode of ventilation for babies that was pioneered by Infrasonics (Nasdaq: IFRA) with its Star Sync product line.