Beyond all-or-none action potentials, subthreshold synaptic and membrane electric activity in neurons disclose the details of single-neuron computations, neuronal identity and role, information processing and synaptic readout, as well as history-dependent dynamics of excitability and synaptic efficacy.
What does SYNAP stand for?
SYNAP stands for Synaptic
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- With, Together (Prefix)
- Synthetics Applications (Evangelion)
- Synchronize Acknowledge
- Syndicat National des Fabricants et Constructeurs de Bâtiments Industrialisés (French: National Union of Manufacturers and Builders of Industrial Buildings)
- Synthesis of Aircraft
- Syndicat National des Adjuvants pour Bétons et Mortiers (French: National Union of Admixtures for Concrete and Mortar)
- Synthetic Air Defense Exercise
- Syndicat National Fabrication Enseigne Lumineuse (French: National Union of Neon Sign Manufacturers)
- Syndicat National des Labels Avicoles de France (French: National Union of Poultry Labels of France)
- Syndicat National des Matériels et Articles de Protection (French: National Union of Materials and Articles of Protection)
- Symposium for Young Neuroscientists and Professors of the Southeast
- Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics (US DARPA)
- Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing
- Synthetic Battlefield
- Synthetic Bathymetric Profiling System
- Scheduling Your Network Connections (various universities)
- Senior & Youth National Conference (photography)
- Synbiotics and Cancer Prevention in Humans (project)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Here, we demonstrate that DHA significantly affects hippocampal neuronal development and synaptic function in developing hippocampi.
Neuronal synaptic connection strengths are involved, but synaptic components are short-lived while memories last lifetimes.
In contrast, chlorpyrifos exposure initially enhances the development of catecholaminergic systems, increasing the expression of the proteins characteristic of this system and enhancing synaptic activity; nevertheless, long-term brain function deficits eventually appear, mainly in the form of disruption of synaptic connectivity.
Axons that branched up from the thalamus, below the cortex, incurred few synaptic losses or gains.
Within neurons are tiny organelles called synaptic vesicles that sequester neurotransmitters and release them when needed into the synapse, or space between nerve cells, where the chemical signal is transmitted to other neutrons.
com Product research and e-commerce solutions provider Synaptic Systems Ltd has announced the immediate availability of its Synaptic Manager product.
PITTSBURGH -- Researchers are increasingly finding microscopic clues that schizophrenia involves alterations in neuronal and synaptic circuits that connect the hippocampus, prefrontal cortex, and the mediodorsal thalamus-- the very "wiring" of the brain, Dr.