In one, taking fish oil for a year failed to limit recurrent symptomatic atrial fibrillation, a type of irregular heartbeat that significantly raises the risk of stroke.
What does SAF stand for?
SAF stands for Symptomatic Atrial Fibrillation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAF
We have 317 other meanings of SAF in our Acronym Attic
- Supplementary Application Form (university admissions)
- Support Action Form
- Surficial Amorphous Films
- Sustainable Agri-Forest
- Svenska Arbetsgivareföreningen (Association of Swedish Employers)
- Swedish Armed Forces
- Swedish Employers' Confederation
- Swiss AIDS Federation (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Swiss Armed Forces
- Symmetry-Adapted Function
- Syndrome d'Alcoolisme Foetal (French: Fetal Alcohol Syndrome)
- Synthetic Aperture Function
- System Access Fee
- System Administration Function
- System Authorization Facility
- Systems Analysis in Forest (symposium)
- Safety Level
- Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition
- Secretary of the Air Force-Acquisition
- Secure Access Facility for Transactions (VINCIV Corp)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The primary outcome measures will assess both safety and freedom from documented, symptomatic atrial fibrillation.
Important information about propafenone SR capsules Propafenone extended release capsules are indicated to prolong the time to recurrence of symptomatic atrial fibrillation in patients without structural heart disease.
About the DISCERN AF Study The prospective, multicenter study included 50 patients with symptomatic atrial fibrillation.
The ACT 5 Trial The ACT 5 trial, "A Phase 3b Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Vernakalant Hydrochloride Injection in Patients with Recent Onset Symptomatic Atrial Fibrillation," will enroll approximately 450 patients across approximately 100 centres focused in North America.
The findings of the A-4 trial suggest that ablation may help people with frequent, highly symptomatic atrial fibrillation who otherwise would do poorly on AADs.
About the AVRO study This phase III randomized, double blind, active controlled, double dummy, multi-center trial enrolled a total of 254 patients with symptomatic atrial fibrillation of 3 to 48 hours duration of which 232 were randomized to receive either BRINAVESS, n=116 (3 mg/kg over 10 minutes; followed by 2 mg/kg over 10 minutes if needed after a 15-minute break) or amiodarone, n=116 (5 mg/kg over 60 minutes, followed by 50 mg over 60 minutes until patient converts).
84% of Patients Free from Symptomatic Atrial Fibrillation Toronto Stock Exchange Symbol: CYT MONTREAL, Sept.