Since 1980, optical fiber metrologists from around the world have gathered every other year at NIST in Boulder for the Symposium on Optical Fiber Measurements (SOFM), which covers measurement issues associated with optical fibers, related components, and optical communications systems.
What does SOFM stand for?
SOFM stands for Symposium on Optical Fiber Measurements (National Institute of Science and Technology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOFM
We have 2 other meanings of SOFM in our Acronym Attic
- Sitting on Floor Laughing
- South Florida
- Special Olympics Florida
- Supreme Oriented Films Ltd. (India)
- Special Operations Laser Marker (US DoD)
- Self-Organizing Fuzzy Logic Control
- South Florida
- Special Operations Forces Language Office (US Special Operations Command)
- School of Frontier Missions (Australia)
- Self Organizing Feature Mapping
- Synthetic Oviduct Fluid Medium
- Special Operations Forces Medical Element (US DoD)
- Special Operations Forces Mountaineering Equipment (US DoD)
- Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook
- Sea of Faith Network (UK)
- Solar Observing & Forecasting Network
- Synchronous Optical Frequency Network (Chorum Technologies Inc.)
- Special Operations Forces Inter-Simulation Network -Joint Conflict Model
- Student Organization Financial Office (University of Colorado at Boulder)
- Sociedad de Fomento Fabril (Chile)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Attendance at the 11th biennial Symposium on Optical Fiber Measurements (SOFM), held in September 2000 at the Boulder Laboratories, was over 300, up 65 % from the previous symposium.
Persons interested in metrology for fiber-optic telecommunication will want to get a copy of the Technical Digest, Symposium on Optical Fiber Measurements, 2000.