The MPC7410, like the MPC7400, supports full symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) capabilities necessary for designing highly scalable and dense networking systems.
What does SMP stand for?
SMP stands for Symmetric Multiprocessing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMP
We have 526 other meanings of SMP in our Acronym Attic
- Surface Mount Power
- Surface-Mount Package
- Survival Multi-Player (video game)
- Sustainability Management Plan (various locations)
- Sustainable Manufacturing Performance (Nike)
- Svensk Maskinprovning AB (Swedish Machinery Testing Institute)
- Switching Module Processor
- Symantec Management Platform (software)
- Symbolic Manipulation Program
- Symmetric Multi-Processor
- Symmetrical Multi-Processing
- Synchronous Multiprocessing
- System Management Processor (Hitachi SONET OC-192)
- System Marginal Price
- System Mechanical Performance
- System Modernization Plan
- System Modernization Program (of SSA)
- System Modification Program
- System Monitoring Protocol (software)
- System of Moral Philosophy (book; Francis Hutcheson)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NYSE: SGI) today introduced sweeping performance enhancements across many of its product lines, including the Indigo2(TM) desktop workstation, the Onyx(TM) graphics supercomputer and the Challenge(TM) line of symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) servers.
In this session, Kalinsky will examine the pitfalls of traditional Symmetric MultiProcessing (SMP) for embedded real-time applications.
Mac OS X features true memory protection, pre-emptive multi-tasking, and symmetric multiprocessing when running on the new dual-processor Power Mac G4 line.
With the introduction of OS/2 for SMP and our new OEM relationship, Wyse teams up with IBM to provide the cost and performance advantages of x86 symmetric multiprocessing to the large and growing installed base of OS/2 users," said Jeff McNaught, director of marketing and management for Wyse's Systems Division.
Both the Rhino 10 and Falcon P-10 support VxWorks(R) and Linux(TM) (single and symmetric multiprocessing versions).
It offers advanced multithreading and support for symmetric multiprocessing, giving organizations moving to Web-based computing the ability to handle an increased number of network transactions.
Included in the new deal are Onyx RealityEngine2 graphics supercomputers, Silicon Graphics' symmetric multiprocessing systems which deliver combined graphics and compute performance surpassing any other computer system.