After dialing the phone number of the second party, the original caller once again either presses the switch hook or flash button to conference.
What does SH stand for?
SH stands for Switch Hook
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SH
We have 68 other meanings of SH in our Acronym Attic
- Stuff Happens (polite form)
- Stupid Hero (band)
- Subtract Halfword (IBM)
- Super Heat (steam)
- Support Helicopter
- Supported Housing
- Surface Habitable (French: Living Space; measurement)
- Sweetheart (International Order of DeMolay)
- Switch Handler
- Symphony Hamilton (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
- Safety, Health & Environment (various companies)
- Shear-Horizontal Acoustic Plate Mode (also seen as SHAPM)
- Super Handling - All Wheel Drive
- Sitting Height to Height (ratio)
- Short Herbage and Scattered Faeces
- Ship's Serviceman First Class (Naval Rating)
- Shadow Hearts 2 (video game)
- Ship's Serviceman Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Silent Hill 2 (video game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They will be forced to switch Hook back to centre after only just restoring him in his favourite outside-half position, with Scarlets pair Stephen Jones and Rhys Priestland battling for the No 10 starting spot.
The other option would be to switch Hook to outside-half.
But he argues if Henson does not return to rugby, Gatland must at least switch Hook from full-back to inside-centre to be in the thick of the decision-making process.
Release 9 also provides for call waiting return via traditional switch hook flash telephone operation.
Gatland brushed aside any criticism of his decision to switch Hook and Roberts and believes the selection was justified.
But Jenkins' decision not to switch Hook to No 12, the position he filled with distinction against the Pacific Islanders a week ago, from outside-half last night could be significant.
4 kbps half-duplex LPC10e Telephone features -- Speakerphone -- clear and secure -- On hook dialing with speakerphone -- Speakerphone volume control -- Pulse or tone dialing -- Last number redial -- Multiline Model 4150 for use with 1A key systems (optional) -- Repertory dialing (32 numbers on single line/ 20 numbers on multiline) -- Programmable pause -- Dial tone detect -- Switch hook flash -- Automatic disconnect -- Ringer volume control -- Ringer cutoff -- Handset volume control -- Microphone mute (disconnects microphone on both handset and speakerphone) -- 2-line by 16-character Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) -- PABX compatible Secure data operational modes -- 9.